On our Legs
Take a journey through Palermo and Capaci to learn about the anti-mafia prosecutors Falcone and Borsellino who were both assassinated in 1992. By participating in this tour you will be helping to keep their ideas and their memory alive.
- 5 hours
- minimum 2
- on demand
- Piazza Boiardo (Stazione Notarbartolo)
- When you want
There is a slogan we use to remember them by, ‘non li avete uccisi: Le loro idee camminano sulle nostre gambe’ (You have not killed them, their ideas walk on our legs).
Via d’Amelio, the motorway in Capaci, Falcone’s tree. These places, where bombs planted by the Mafia killed the two magistrates, are not symbols of death, but of the rebellion of civil society against the violence of the Mafia. Not sterile memorials but places of living memory and focal points for the renewal of the collective energy for justice and truth.
- Keep alive the memory of those who have has sacrificed their lives for a Sicily free from the Mafia
- Reflect on the massacres of 1992-93 in light of new judicial information
- See Palermo from above whilst climbing up Mount Pellegrino
- Join the growing movement of people who are saying no to the Mafia